Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Girls Like Us

Girls Like Us
'Girls Like Us', specifically Carly Simon, Joni Mitchell, and Carole King--3 women who defined the 60's , peaked in the 70's and are still an influence even today. Because of these women and their lives, today's female artists are empowered and owe so much to these 3!
I loved the book and learned about their struggles and determination to be artists who were heard--above all else, it seems. I do have my favorite among the 3. After reading about Carole King, my respect and awe of her has emerged, grown and flourished. She was responsible for so many hits of the 60's and 70's. That's not to say I don't admire all of them--who will be your favorite?

2 comments:

Mama Spaghetti said...

If I had to pick a fave, I'd pick Joni Mitchell, but you're right about the impact they've all had!

Helena said...

You're right about Joni, she'd be my 2nd. She was such a prolific and inspired writer!